The Friends and Aiken County have created a unique multi-million dollar private/public sector partnership to fund the library's first major renovation in 30 years. It will enhance the experience of more than 150,000 library users each year.
For every two dollars Aiken County provides, the Friends will provide one dollar. The renovation will:
- Make the front entrance more accessible with a more gradual ascent.
- Install ADA compatible elevator in the front
- Provide a quiet, reading area with new, comfortable seating.
- Create a smaller, more efficient circulation desk.
- Reconfigure the second floor to provide more reading and study room space, including a conference room.